Answers to frequently asked questions about the Dereham Blues Festival.
- How much does it cost to go to the gigs?
Nothing! With the exception of the opening concert (see below), every gig is completely free! Please support the venues taking part by buying refreshments on site - it's really not cricket to take your own!
- Where can I get tickets for the opening concert?
Tickets to see the amazing Hamilton Loomis together with Fabian Hernandez and supported by Ron Sayer and the Shunters, cost £20 and can be purchased online here
- How do I get from one gig to another?
All the venues are within walking distance of each other, so once you've arrived in Dereham town centre you can stroll from gig to gig at your leisure.
- What buses go to Dereham?
Dereham is served by a whole stack of buses. The list below details the route number, route and operator; clicking on the service will take you to a (hopefully accurate) timetable courtesey of bustimes.org.
- 1 - Mileham - Dereham (Carters Coaches of Litcham)
- 4 - Swanton Morley - Dereham - Mattishall - N&NU Hospital - Norwich (Konectbus)
- 4A - Swanton Morley - Dereham, Northgate High School (Konectbus)
- 8 - Norwich - Dereham - Toftwood (Konectbus)
- 11 - Swaffham - Ashill - Watton - Shipdham - Toftwood - Dereham (Konectbus)
- 11A - Watton - Shipdham - Toftwood - Dereham (Konectbus)
- 12 - Dereham - Highfield Rd - Dereham - Moorgate - Dereham (Konectbus)
- 13C - Dereham - Mattishall - Easton College (Konectbus)
- 13D - Narborough - Swaffham - Dereham (Konectbus)
- 14 - Dereham Sixth Form Centre - Neatherd High School - Toftwood (Konectbus)
- 17 - Bradenham - Hingham - Dereham (Konectbus)
- 18 - Dereham - Guist - Foulsham - Bawdeswell - Billingford - Dereham (Konectbus)
- 20 - Necton - Swaffham - Brooks Drive - Dereham (Konectbus)
- 21 - Fakenham - North Elmham - Dereham (Konectbus)
- 25 - Fakenham - Colkirk - East Bilney - Gressenhall - Dereham (Sanders Coaches)
- 80 - Aylsham - Cawston - Reepham - Bawdeswell - North Tuddenham - East Dereham (Sanders Coaches)
- 375 - Bangor [Gwynedd] - Great Yarmouth (National Express)
- XL - excel - Peterborough - Wisbech - King's Lynn - Swaffham - Dereham - Norwich (First Norfolk & Suffolk)
- Where can I park at the festival?
Dereham has several quite large town centre car parks and these are shown on this map. Town centre car parks are free to use, but some are restricted to two hours free parking. Morrisons supermarket car park is close to the town centre and opposite the Dereham Memorial Hall and is restricted to three hours parking up to 6pm. After 6pm it is unrestricted. The Cherry Tree car park on Theatre Street, is the biggest car park and parking is unrestricted. Parking in the market place is limited to two hours.